Hearty & wholesome, this can easily become a wonderful soup with stewed tomatoes. Served on cobalt blue or emerald green dishes….beautiful!!
Moroccan Chickpea Tagine
Hearty & wholesome, this can easily become a wonderful soup with stewed tomatoes. Served on cobalt blue or emerald green dishes…beautiful!!
- 2 cups dried chickpeas, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 jar Perth Pepper and Pestle Moroccan Tagine Everything Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth, and more as required
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh mint
- preserved lemons, chopped
- In a skillet on medium heat, heat olive oil and sauté onions and garlic.
- Transfer all ingredients to a covered ovenproof casserole dish and bake at 350ºF til chickpeas are tender, but not mushy.
- Serve in colourful bowls(over couscous, if desired) and garnish with cilantro, fresh mint, and preserved lemons.