What a beautiful gorgeous festive red salad!!
Favourite Beet Quinoa Salad
What a beautiful gorgeous red salad!!
- ½ cup quinoa (mixed: white / red / black)
- ½ cup mixed rice, your choice (brown basmati, brown, wild, etc...but not black)
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups (or more) peeled, chopped beets
- kale (optional)
- fresh basil
- sour cream, toasted caraway seeds
- pomegranate arils
- In a rice cooker, add quinoa, mixed rice, beets, vinegar, and salt to your water. Cook as usual. Make sure you cook them together, the rice and quinoa will take on the beet colour to become a beautiful gorgeous festive red.
- Remove from rice cooker and let cool.
- While cooling, add Horseradish Black Peppercorn Jelly to the salad and mix until it is lightly melted in. The red pepper jelly will make the beets 'bleed' and create an even more beautiful red colour.
- Garnish with kale, fresh basil, sour cream, toasted caraway seeds, and pomegranate and serve.