Seared Scallops with Garlic Black Bean Sauce
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1½ lbs scallops
- ½ - 1 jar Perth Pepper and Pestle Garlic Black Bean Everything Sauce OR Simply Shanghai OR Ginger & Garlic OR Sesame Orange
- 2 green onions, chopped on the diagonal
- Heat the oil in a wok or heavy-based frying pan until smoking hot.
- Add the scallops and sear on both sides, then remove and reserve.
- Add Garlic Black Bean Sauce or any other [b]Perth Pepper and Pestle Asian Inspired Sauces[/b] to the wok.
- Heat sauce until completely heated through and slightly thickened.
- Return scallops to the wok and stir fry them in the sauce for 2 minutes, until coated and heated through. Do not overcook or they will become tough.
- Arrange the scallops with their sauce on a warmed serving dish and garnish with the cut green onion.