The combination of Chinese five spice and Mexican Flavours was truly a happy accident. Who knew it would taste so delicious!
Smokey El Paso Glazed Wings
The combination of Chinese five spice and Mexican flavours was truly a happy accident. Who knew it would taste so delicious!
- 1 lbs wings, cut into sections
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- ½ tsp cayenne
- buttermilk, just enough to cover wings
- salt and pepper, to taste
- flour for dredging
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 jar Perth Pepper and Pestle Smokey El Paso Red Pepper Jelly
- Combine wings, garlic powder, onion powder, Chinese Five Spice, cayenne, salt and pepper, and buttermilk in a Ziploc bag. Marinate in fridge for at least 4 hours.
- In a deep frying pan, add enough vegetable oil to cover the wings. Heat until it reaches 350ºF.
- Dredge wings in flour and fry in oil until they are cooked through.
- In a bowl, add Smokey El Paso to wings and toss until wings are glazed with the jelly.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.